Why do Homework?
1. It improves your thinking and memory skills
2. It helps you develop positive study skills and habits that will serve you well throughout life
3. Homework encourages you to be organised and plan time wisely
4. It teaches you to work independently
5. Homework teaches you to take responsibility for your work
6. It allows you to review and practice what has been covered in class
7. It helps you to get ready for the next day’s class
8. Homework helps you learn to use resources, such as libraries, reference materials and websites to find information
9. It encourages you to explore subjects more fully than classroom time permits
10. It allows you to extend learning by applying skills to new situations
11. It helps you to select and apply many different skills to a single task
12. Homework helps your parents learn more about what you are learning in school. It provides parents with the opportunity to engage with and talk to you. This is a good thing!
Homework Timetable CLICK HERE
DT Food Pick and Mix Homework Tasks
Homework Club is available every day between 3:15 and 4:15 in the Learning Resource Centre. Students are able to use the computers and reference books to help keep up with their homework. Homework club is supervised by one of our experienced Learning Support Assistants so help is on hand to develop independent study.